Breathe-R Insulating Membrane – New Product
Breathe-R Insulating Membrane – New Product available at Multifoils Direct. On average a UK house loses 25% of its heat through the roof, so why install a standard membrane when you can help prevent heat loss with an insulated membrane?
Standard breather membranes have minimal effect on preventing heat transfer. However, current building standards say that roofing rafters need to be covered with a membrane. This is to ensure that the roof doesn’t leak and can breathe. This is why Breathe-R has been developed because it combines the benefits of a breathable membrane with the added benefit of thermal insulation.
Breathe-R is a 2 in 1 membrane for pitched roofs. It is just as easy to install as a standard breathable membrane. Breathe-R is made from two layers and is only 2mm thick. The outer layer is a high-performance, long-lasting roofing membrane. Also, the inner layer is made from highly reflective insulation-grade aluminium foil that’s fully perforated to allow moisture to escape from the inside to the outside.
What are the benefits of Breathe-R?
- R-Value of 0.450 m²K/W, equivalent to 20 mm of Mineral Wool Insulation.
- Built-in double-sided tape for simple installation.
- Eliminates Condensation – Fully breathable.
- Equivalent to 10mm PIR Insulation.
- Suitable for all UK wind zones.
- Excellent tensile and tear resistance strength.
- CE Marked to BS EN 13859-1: 2014
- Effectively reflects heat into the room, whilst allowing moisture to pass through
- Suitable for all zones 1-5 in the UK
- Zero fibres remove the need for PPE
Breathe-R Foil is made to replace a normal roof membrane and keep your roof warm at the same time.
- Start at the bottom of the roof by rolling across the Rafters, Install the next layer over lapping it by 100mm.
- Staple at regular intervals (approx. every 300mm), a minimum of 10mm stainless steel or galvanized staples are recommended.
- Breathe-R can be cut using a craft knife or sharp pair of scissors.
- When you reach the end of the roll, cut the product so that it finishes in the middle of the last rafter & staple. Begin the next roll from this rafter, by butt-jointing it to the end of the first roll and staple it in place. Using our YBS 75mm waterproof tape, tape over the joint and ensure it is fully sealed.
- Fold the second rollback (100mm), remove the easy peel backing from the double-sided tape, and secure it in place by applying pressure.
Breathe-R is a roofing membrane that is quick and easy to put in place:
Because of Breathe-R’s unique composition makes your roof more thermally efficient by reflecting radiant heat into the building, especially in the winter. It also keeps your roof airtight, and water-resistant (W1 certified), and lets natural moisture escape all year round.
Orders placed before 2 pm and you can receive next working day delivery (UK Mainland) Also if spending over £500 + Vat we also supply you can choose a FREE gift at checkout!
However, if you’re looking for a breathable Multifoil with higher thermal properties? Check out YBS BreatherQuilt.