The Best Way To Insulate a Shed
Why should I Insulate my shed and what is the best method to use?
Insulating your shed is a necessity, especially for those who use their sheds to store important things such as electronics and specialist tools. Even if you have a shed that houses invaluable things, it is still advisable to insulate it and ensure it isn’t damp.
Why do I need to Insulate my Shed?
If storing electronics and tools it is important, they are not subject to extreme high or low temperatures, as this could significantly damage them. The internal temperature of a shed should also be kept constant. It is also vital that sheds are kept damp free too.
What is the best product to use to Insulate my Shed?
Now you know you need to Insulate your Shed, but which products and method should you use? Insulation products such as PIR, Rockwool etc. Can be used – but they do bring significant issues, as you will see below.
- Rockwool – is a good insulator, but is irritable on the eyes and skin, so protective equipment is required for the installation e.g., face masks & gloves. It is also messy to work with and after installation.
- PIR – is another good insulator, but it is quite a thick material, so difficult to cut down. So, if space and time is critical (and in most cases where storage is concerned, space is definitely critical) it is not the easiest or most suitable option.
Here at Multifoils Direct we are experts in home insulation, we have evaluated many insulation solutions on the market. Following this research, we know which products are effective, whilst also being simple to install. We also consider that our customers are keen to utilise all the space they can within their homes!
Following our evaluations, we have designed two complete DIY Shed Insulation Kits, which simplify the whole insulation process. Both of our DIY Shed Insulation Kits make the installation as simple as possible for you or your customer.
The two DIY Shed Insulation Kits we offer are:
TOP TIP: Select the DIY Kit that is best suited to your sheds purpose. We recommend that you choose the EcoTec Shed Insulation Kit if you are looking to use the building for storage of things like Lawnmowers, Motorbikes and Furniture. We would then suggest the EcoPro Shed Insulation Kit if you are looking at transforming your shed or summerhouse into usable living space.
EcoTec Shed Insulation Kit
This kit Includes a 4mm thick, highly reflective insulation made with True Aluminium Foil.
Insulation rolls can be purchased in either: 1.5 x 25m rolls (Covering 37.5m²) OR 1.05 x 50m rolls (Covering 52.5m²)
This Insulation material is slim, so therefore flexible, space saving and easy to install.
An Insulating Air Bubble Membrane, featuring a High-Performance Vapour Control Layer (when fully sealed with Thermaseal Foil Tape).
Additionally fitting items included are Thermaseal Foil Joining Tape, A Heavy Duty Staple Gun kit with 5,000 staples and a cutting knife.
Purchase our EcoTec Shed Insulation Kit – Here
EcoPro Shed Insulation Kit
The Insulation supplied is 15mm in thickness, compressing to just 6mm, which is great for space saving.
Each Roll size is 1.5 x 10m EcoPro Insulation (to insulate 15m²), we also have kits for the following dimensions… 30m², 45m², 60m², 75m² & 90m².
A highly Reflective Multifoil Insulation, consisting of 6 layers. Featuring a High Performing Vapour Control Layer (when fully sealed with Thermaseal Foil Tape)
This Multifoil insulation is equivalent to 50mm of Rigid Board such as Kingspan and also to 100mm of Rockwool.
Additionally fitting items included are Thermaseal Foil Joining Tape, A Heavy-Duty Staple Gun kit with 5,000 staples and a cutting knife.
Purchase our higher performing Kit; the EcoPro Shed Insulation Kit – Here
Why are our DIY Shed Insulation Kits so handy?
- You will receive all the necessary items required to complete the installation. This Includes: Highly Reflective Foil Insulation Roll(s), A Knife, Thermaseal Foil Joining Tape and A Heavy-Duty Staple Gun Kit (Including Staples).
- To install this kit, you do not require any kind of protective equipment. Also, it does not shed or create a large mess when installing.
- The insulation rolls used in both the kits are flexible, therefore easy to install, unlike bulky alternatives.
- The featured Insulation material not only saves on space, but is also aesthetically pleasing, as how your shed looks is an important factor to consider.
- We offer a Next Working Day Delivery Service, to anywhere in the UK Mainland*, so you can begin your project quickly after ordering.
We have made this kit as simple as possible for you or your customer to install. So why not purchase today?
For further assistance with installation, Watch our ‘How To Insulate Your Shed’ video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMoeqeyjUis&feature=emb_title .