TyvaQuilt 0.18 Re-Roof System
Achieve UK Building Regulations
Here is how to achieve building regulations in less cost, space, and installation time compared to PIR. PIR such as Kingspan and Celotex is more costly and bulky.
Multifoils Direct has created a complete system that they call the TyvaQuilt System. It comprises three fully certified materials, that are ideal for pitched roofs.
The materials included within the TyvaQuilt system are:
YBS SuperQuilt (Internal of Rafters)
YBS BreatherQuilt (External of Rafters)
Eco-Non Itch Wool (in-between rafters)
This system achieves a U-value of 0.18 for building control. This is the common u value required for refurbishments and extensions projects in the UK.
This is a great solution, as in addition to the space saving and cost benefits.
Main benefits of the TyvaQuilt System
- There is no requirement for an additional breather membrane, on the external.
- There is no requirement for a vapour barrier internally, as the multifoil insulation products have these built into them – saving YOU even more costs!
What’s included in our TyvaQuilt 0.18 Re-Roof System?
- Eco-Non Itch 380mm x 100mm x 8m (3 Rolls per pack) – 9.12m² per pack
- Eco-Non Itch 570mm x 100mm x 8m (2 Rolls per pack) – 9.12m² per pack
- YBS SuperQuilt 1.2m x 10m
- YBS BreatherQuilt 1.2m x 10m
- Thermaseal Foil Joining Tape (for SuperQuilt)
- Thermaseal Weatherproof Tape (for BreatherQuilt)
- Heavy Duty Staple Gun & 5,000 Staples (27m2 Kit and above)
Next Working Day Delivery if ordered before 2pm
When selecting the kit size, you ensure you have the correct amount of the Eco-Non Itch – we will ensure you have enough of both the SuperQuilt and the Breatherquilt and ancillary items.
Spend £500 + VAT and Choose a FREE GIFT at the checkout!
Free Gifts Include: Thermaseal Foil Joining Tape, Heavy Duty Staple Gun Kit, Multifoil Insulation Scissors or Thermaseal Double Sided Tape.
TyvaQuilt How-To Video
How To Install TyvaQuilt Insulation To Achieve 0.18 U-Value
How To Achieve a 0.18 U-Value with our TyvaQuilt System
Install SuperQuilt Under Rafter
Install the SuperQuilt underneath the rafters horizontally, when installing staple every 300mm to ensure the SuperQuilt hold securely in place. When you have completed this - tape and seal around all the edges and joints using the Thermaseal Foil Joining Tape. This tape is included with the Tyva Quilt Kit.
Batten and Board
Install battens that have a minimum depth of 25mm. Secure these by going through the SuperQuilt and in to the rafters behind. The gaps between each batten installed should be between 400mm and 600mm. Follow by installing your plasterboard / preferred finish.
Install EcoLoft Non Itch
Now between the rafters, you can install the EcoLoft Non Itch. We have two different sizes you can choose from depending on your centres (likely to be 400mm or 600mm). One size is 380 and the other 570 - so choose the one most appropriate for your roof. This material is 100mm thick and you simply install this between each rafter. You need to ensure the non itch is pushed back and that you have an air space between this and your breatherquilt.
Now you have installed your non itch, proceed at the bottom of your rafters by installing BreatherQuilt horizontally. Staple every 300mm to ensure secure. Ensure that breatherquilt is draped in to the rafters, it does not need to be pulled taught. Each layer of breatherquilt should overlap by 100mm, the tape is fixed to the breatherquilt to seal the two layers together. Vertically the quilt can be bitt joined and taped with the weatherproof tape.
Install Tile Battens
When you have installed the BreatherQuilt, ensure you have a 10mm gap between the BreatherQuilt and Tile Batten (in centre of each rafter). At the eaves, BreatherQuilt should extend on to a suitable eaves carrier. Finish with tile or slate finish on tile battens.
How To Video
- 3 Product System to achieving building regulations
- Re-Roof System achieving a 0.18
- Suitable for 125mm+ Rafters
- Suitable for both refurbs and new builds
- No protective clothing required
- Fully LABC & BDA certified products
- Manufactured here in the UK
- No Rigid PIR Boards Required